The autumn meeting of South-east Australian Naturalists Association was at Forrest and organised by the Geelong Field Naturalists Club. A range of field trips were held during the six days of the meeting. Most trips were scheduled on more than one day. The trips were to
- Goat Track (Barwon Downs) and West Barwon Dam
- Wild Dog-Grey River Road and Sabine Falls
- Hopetoun Falls and Maits Rest
- Lake Elizabeth and Blanket Leaf Picnic Ground
- Big Trees (Mountain Ash)
- Pennyroyal Falls and Matthews Creek.
- Melba Gully and Old Beechy Rail Trail
- Red Rock.
Evening talks were
- Trevor Pescott – the Otways
- Greg Williams – the Gellibrand River
- Irene Spokes – birds of the Otways
- Enid Mayfield – flora of the Otways
- Geoff Beilby – orchids of the Otways
- Neville Walsh – ferns